Please ensure you read and follow the advice provided. If you have any concerns after your treatment, if you do not understand any area of your aftercare or if you have additional questions then please do not hesitate to contact your technician at BluePoint Medical Spa.
Immediately Following Your Treatment:
- NO exercising after treatment because any heat, steam or sweat could add to the inflammation that’s already present.
- Only use recommended products during the first 5-7-day healing process 2x per day (morning and evening).
- You may experience a mild tingling or stinging sensation with application of recommended product, and this will subside within a very short time.
- Do not wear makeup in the area treated during the first 5-7-day healing process because the application and/or removal of makeup could prematurely disrupt the scabs before they are ready to flake off.
- The alternative of leaving a scab to continually dry out naturally without the recommended product can mean that the healing process will takes longer and the greater the chance of scarring.
- Swelling and inflammation for 1 to 5 days post-treatment is normal. If swelling lasts beyond the 5 days, contact your treatment provider.
- Do not apply cold packs or ice packs during the swelling period. Icing will diminish the outcome and inhibit the inflammation process that we want to happen naturally.
- Areas that has been treated must NOT be covered with bandages, occlusive dressing.
- If you have received treatment to your eye area, it is important you sleep slightly elevated for up to 7 days to reduce swelling.
- It is highly unlikely you will ever get an infection from a Plasma Pen treatment as the wound we cause is not open. However, the first 12 hours post-treatment is of vital importance in protecting you from any kind of potential infection and avoid any activities where you could expose yourself to contaminants.
In the Following Days After Your Treatment:
- It is normal for the area that has been treated to feel tight and dry
- Tiny crusts will quickly form on the treated area. These may be visible for up to a week
- Do NOT pick crusts off as this will delay the healing process and could cause scarring
- The area(s) treated may be cleansed daily with lukewarm water and a soft, lint free cloth. You are
only removing excess oil and do not need to thoroughly cleanse the treated skin. Pat dry with a clean tissue
- DO NOT stand with your face under a hot shower or direct hot water from shower head for the first 3 to 4 days. This could increase swelling. Try to avoid shower gels or hair products running on to your face as this could cause irritation. Rinse thoroughly with tepid water if products do come into contact with the treatment area and gently pat dry.
- Absolutely do NOT use any lotions or creams that contain perfume, alcohol or acids. Do NOT rub or abrade the area(s) or use exfoliating products or rubbing alcohol. This could result in scarring and/or Dyspigmentation
- Shaving in the area treated should be avoided until it is fully healed
- If you have had treatment around your eyes, you should avoid wearing contact lenses for 72 hours after your treatment
- When the crusts have fallen off your skin may be a little pink as it is fresh, new and rejuvenated. This pinkness will fade within 2 weeks. In rare cases it may take up to 6 months.
- Once the crusts have all fallen off you may apply your normal foundation/make-up but avoid using skincare products containing Glycolic or any other active exfoliating ingredients as this will causeirritation
- SPF 40 should be worn whether you are outside, in and out of your vehicle or driving as well as if you are staying indoors. Even indoor lighting can cause risk of Dyspigmentation on new healing skin.
- You absolutely must NOT use saunas or sunbeds during your 12-week healing period.
- Use of topical Retinoid products should be avoided.