We are excited to introduce our newest treatment, the Plasma Pen!
Have you heard about the newest cosmetic procedure to combat wrinkles, loss of collagen, and sagging skin? As we age, the dermal layer of our skin thins, we produce less collagen, and we lose elasticity. All these factors produce sagging and wrinkling of the skin. The Plasma Pen is an FDA-approved, soft-surgery procedure targeting a wide variety of skin conditions including loss of elasticity, sagging, and wrinkles that have been traditionally treated with fillers or plastic surgery.
How does it work?
The Plasma Pen converts electrical energy into an energized gaseous molecule that is transmitted to the skins surface. This causes a micro-trauma to the skin’s epidermal layer (top layers), while simultaneously heating and disrupting the deeper dermal structure with thermal conduction; this is also known as fibroblasting. Fibroblasts are the most common cells of connective tissue in the body that produce collagen.
What areas can be treated?
- Accordion lines – the lines that form outside of the mouth when you smile
- Acne scars – improvement in the appearance of post-acne marks and scars
- Crow’s feet around eyes
- Forehead lines
- Jowl / jawline tightening
- Marionette lines – The creases or folds that run vertically from the corners of the mouth down to the chin
- Nasal labial folds / smile lines – The folds that run from the sides of your nose down to the edge of your mouth
- Necklines, turkey neck
- Smoker’s lines – The vertical wrinkles also known as lipstick lines around the mouth
- Upper and lower eyelids – Bags and hoods
How much does it cost?
Pricing starts at $400.
How long will it take to see results?
Plasma Pen skin tightening results are impressive but should not be proposed as an alternative to surgery in cases of moderate to severe skin laxity. Only surgery can achieve these kinds of results. You will typically see immediate tightening along with cumulative improvements over the next three months in the appearance of saggy skin. In some cases, it may require more than one session depending on the desired results.
Is the Plasma Pen treatment painful?
Plasma Pen is mildly to moderately uncomfortable. Everyone’s pain level is different, and some areas of the body are more sensitive than others. The use of numbing cream or Pro-Nox is helpful in reducing the discomfort during treatment.
What are the risks of the Plasma Pen treatment?
The Plasma Pen is a relatively safe treatment, particularly when compared to more invasive cosmetic procedures. However, no procedure is without risks and it’s important to review and understand the contraindications and risks. Risks include:
- Swelling and bruising
- Scabbing and crusting
- Skin discoloration
What can I expect after treatment?
- Redness, swelling and scabbing in the treatment area
- Average of 8 days downtime on the face and neck areas
- Average of 10 to 14 days on the body, depending on the area being treated and the intensity of the treatment
- Swelling usually begins the day following your treatment, and peaks around day 3
- After day 3, swelling subsides and scabs form.
- Scabs normally begin to fall off around day 6 and 7 (for face and neck)
Please be aware that the days indicated are simply guidelines for average healing time. Healing time and results may be negatively compromised by not following the after care protocol: no drinking alcohol, no smoking and no picking/scrubbing.
Book your Plasma Pen consultation today!
If you think the Plasma Pen treatment is right for you, book a free consultation with one of our technicians today!